Old man day dreaming!

COMachinist

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I was working in the shop today on my 2x72” grinder, was not paying attention tripped and feel on my tractors 3 point hitch. I hit it on the way down and nit the square point just under the right arm pit. Couldn’t breath a complete breath for about a minute and 1/2. I‘m in some major pain now a don’t think I be moving around much more for a few days. Dang It hurt, and it is hurting more now.
Pay attention when in the shop.
CH.

Ugh. Glad it wasn’t any worse.
I’m always wary of all the hard, immovable objects in my shop.
Heal fast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duplicate post

Last edited:
Being 68 and retired, I am always very cautious when I work in my shop if my wife is not home. (She works 2 days a week.) If I am running my big lathe, I always turn off the power if I am doing anything around the spindle like measuring or clearing chips.

Richard

Being 68 and retired, I am always very cautious when I work in my shop if my wife is not home
Probably a very good idea!!
I should adopt the same principle. I really try to be very aware of the hazards but, you never know.

I was working in the shop today on my 2x72” grinder, was not paying attention tripped and feel on my tractors 3 point hitch. I hit it on the way down and nit the square point just under the right arm pit. Couldn’t breath a complete breath for about a minute and 1/2. I‘m in some major pain now a don’t think I be moving around much more for a few days. Dang It hurt, and it is hurting more now.
Pay attention when in the shop.
CH.
The way the arm is attached, and able to articulate, is a complicated arrangement of muscles and tendons called rotator cuff, That you have increasing pain could be about stretched or broken tendons, bruising bleeding, or even broken blood vessels. Did you crack a rib?
I know in these times of having to deal with the pestilence, getting medical attention may be a bit complicated, but you must surely have considered getting the attentions of a doctor to at least check you out, even if it's only by phone and email.

I do hope you heal soon!
G

I feel your pain . I was working in the back yard years ago and left One pile of dirt that I figured I could use at a later date . After using the "outdoor latrine " late at night I tripped over that pile of dirt and landed chest first on a pine log . Same thing , couldn't breathe . Had to lay there for a few minutes before I could move . I don't leave trippable objects in the yard anymore , although the garage is full of them . :grin:

My 10 x 14 shed shop is not very spacious and I practice what I call situational awareness. Which to me is looking around me before I start working on anything as I want to know which way to go move if something unexpected bad starts to happen. Such as when working with a power corded tool I always practice stepping through where I will be moving to make sure nothing is in my way such as the power cord on the floor or not extending far enough, etc. Even with all of that I end up with my share of bumps and bruises.

Back