Old School

You might be old school when you look at the clock and see it's 8:33 PM and you know you should have gone to bed 33 minutes ago. Good night Mrs. Calabash where ever you are.

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
You might be old school if you know who Mrs. Calabash was.

You might be old school if you know who said good night to Mrs. Calabash...

You might be old school if your first two years of electronics dealt with tube theory and analog computers. The advanced stuff like transistors and digital computers came later.

You might be old school if you did all of your math calculations in school on a wooden slide rule.

You might be old school if you had to wash your dirty clothes on a washboard.

You might be old school if a windmill supplied water for your house, and your house had a second kitchen called a 'summer kitchen'.

You might be oldschool if you collected bottles and spent the deposit on cider and Woodbines.

You might be oldschool if the local Bobby just asked how many squirrels you'd bagged when he found you and your friend (aged 9) hunting with your air rifles in the woods.

Dave H. (the other one)

You might be old school if:
1 You have a prism on your windshield in order to see the traffic light from under the ---
2 Visor mounted above the windshield.
3 Look into your passing mirror in order to see ahead on the ----
4 Two lane blacktop.
5 Have curb feelers installed.
6 Have a necking knob on your steering wheel.
7 Have fuzzy dice on your rear view mirror.
8 Have a dimmer switch on the floor.
9 Have a starter pedal on the floor.
10 Have push buttons for shifting on the steering wheel.
11 Have a hood ornament
12 Have mud flaps behind the rear wheels.
13 Have blue centers in your tail lights.
14 Have or know how to use a bumper jack.
15 Utilize a dwell meter to set your points.

I have to quit now, my fingers are getting tired.

You might be old school if you remember the area code was a word not a number. Mine was LUDLOW. We also were on a party line. I still have the Rotary phone my Aunt had.

"Billy G"

You might be old school if your phone # was 3125 (1948 Hartland WI)

Back