OldCarGuy's Toy Shops

OldCarGuy

Registered
Registered
My passion started with mechanic tools at ten years old. Funded by being a paperboy. I purchased a new Craftsman tooleach week with the profit from my deliveries. The rest I banked. Then progressed into cars, and acquiring machines along the way. Indeed it's my defective gene that's been the powerhouse behind theaddiction. Let me be upfront. Anything on wheels, floats, machinery,and tools has made my lifeline of happiness. Though my truefulfillment is found in my children. Eight in total, six girls andtwo boys. Then 19 grand kids.

I started as a tool & die maker. That progressed into tool & die design engineer. Lastly over seeing a manufacturing plant with a support tool room with 250 employees. Over my 50 year career, I did freelanced designing from home.

I have about 8,000 square feet of toy shop area at my home. All are insulated & drywall areas that are heated and air conditioned. Here's an aerial view of my homestead.

overview.jpg

My main machine workshop is 30' by 50' with a 12'ceiling. It has a 4,000 lb chain hoist that covers the total floor area. Along with a Mohawk 10,000 lb capacity two post lift. The second floor is where my upholstery sewing machine. Along with storage of old auto parts. Few pictures of the shop.

restore18_oD1ikF5aYNEZQW7r8Ro9AL.jpg

restore19_f4cvXUgeXpay7zJ8xgGEfB.jpg

Grinder area 12" by 24" 3 axis auto, 6" by 18" 2 axis auto, Monaset tool cutter grinder,
Dake 50 ton hydraulic press
restore21.jpg

Lincoln 225 TIG, Lincoln 225 MIG, Airco 180 AMP stick
r16_k3nxQwzqqGDVE7AVGuR4Aq.jpg

tig.jpg

Another garage contains my auto shop work area and automotive paint booth. It has a 13' ceiling height and a 4,000 lb capacity chain hoist for pulling engines. And a Bendpak 10,000 lb capacity two post lift.

DSCF3331.jpg

DSCF3325.jpg

Another four car garage has a 13' ceiling height that has four 4-post lifts is where I store 9 of my antique cars.
car_storage2.webp

Car_Garage_storage.jpg

A 30' by 50' garage with a 14' ceiling stores my two motor homes, wood working area, and 36' long wall shelves with a home made rolling ladder. Used for storage. Tuck my two motor homes in here
MH_garage.jpg

MH_garage2.jpg

radial_saw.jpg

Finally a utility shed of sort. It's heated and air conditioned as well and even has its' own 240 Volt 60 Amp load center. Lawn tractor, Scissors lift, and smaller 14” lathe sets inhere
Shed.jpg

Lathe_small.jpg

Last edited:
WOW!!!

:beer mugs:

That is very impressive. Thank you for sharing your story.

Also... :welcome:

I wish you were my neighbor.

Wow, wow, wow! Impressive is an understatement!

What part of Cleveland do you call home? I lived in Lorain for 8 years on job assignment, and I was very happy there.

Very nice indeed ! :encourage:

Welcome to our little group.

We have a saying around here, pictures or it didn't happen.

It's surely happening at your place....

Would love to see more of your projects, you're sure to be a welcome addition here with the knowledge you have to share.

John

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing some of the stuff you make/create from that wonderful shop(s)

Back