Omniturn anyone?

gunsmither

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Looking for help with an Omniturn G4 lathe. Anyone familiar with these dinosaur controls?

Omniturn should still support that control.
I know they offer a retrofit package as well. Check their website for documentation.

Omniturn should still support that control.
I know they offer a retrofit package as well. Check their website for documentation.
Omni told me this had the latest and greatest sometime back when I first bought it. Control is still a dinosaur!

Mach3 or Centroid maybe?

Are you wanting to replace the Omniturn G4 control with a more user friendly control?

Thanks for your interest Jim. That would be nice if feasible, or I'll sell it and take a big hit. Joe

Thanks for your interest Jim. That would be nice if feasible, or I'll sell it and take a big hit. Joe
Sure it's feasible. Determining the best way to approach this depends on what existing hardware can be reused. There are a lot of options available, it's just a matter of choosing the best one that will fit with your goals and budget.

I have no idea what the existing hardware is, so until I understand what we are working with it would be impossible to offer much guidance.

What lathe do you have?
What axis motors and drives?
What spindle motor?

Back