On a 11" Logan, where does the carriage stop screw into?

O

ome

Forum Guest
Register Today
Hi Guys,
Took your advice and bought a carriage stop on ebay. I had noticed a tapped hole towards lower part of headstock, goes right thru to where the flat belt and the bull gear and the rest of the gears. Is that the place? should there already be a tapped hole for the carriage stop, or will I HAVE TO DRILL AND TAP MYSELF?

Thanks.
Jon

I don't have one, but every carriage stop I've seen clamps on the ways so you can put it wherever you need it.

Hi Guys,
Took your advice and bought a carriage stop on ebay. I had noticed a tapped hole towards lower part of headstock, goes right thru to where the flat belt and the bull gear and the rest of the gears. Is that the place? should there already be a tapped hole for the carriage stop, or will I HAVE TO DRILL AND TAP MYSELF?

Thanks.
Jon

The stop would bolt on the saddle of the carriage on the front edge.

The original Logan carriage stops were like the one in the photos shown here. The first one is with the stop in place, clamped on the front way. The second photo is of the stop off of the way.

2013-10-03 03.26.18.jpg2013-10-03 03.27.20.jpg

Granted, the photo is of a 10" lathe, but there was no difference between the 10" and 11" when it came to carriage stops.

The stop shown in the photo does not have the original clamp bar on it. I obtained this stop without the clamp bar and had to make my own. A handy chunk of hot rolled steel and a new cap screw did the trick.

2013-10-03 03.26.18.jpg 2013-10-03 03.27.20.jpg

Back