Once again another use of a ''kool mister '' tool

smallfly

Active User
Registered
there has been some discussion here recently about the pro's and con's of a ''kool mister'' .

in most of the discussions it involves the use of this tool in operations on milling

machines. it can also be helpfull in lathe operations as well. i found this video on u--tube

and thought other's might enjoy it as i did . the site on u-tube is ''abom 79.

here is link to it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEFkfdf-IA8

please enjoy. re steve in mt.

I have a flood coolant setup on my lathe and it works great when roughing stuff, but, I use my cool mister for the finer finishing and grooving etc. It allows me to keep my eyes on things and keep the chips out of the way.... 2 things that cutting oil alone or flood coolant are not capable of doing. Cutting oil and flood coolant obscure the vision. I love the Kool mister.

The only thing that would be better is if it had an on/off magnet rather than an always "on" magnet. Sometimes I need to move it on the lathe and the chips get stuck in it, and they're a PITA to clear off. If magnet had an on/off, most of the chips would simply fall off. I'm gonna do something about that....SOON!

.... If magnet had an on/off, most of the chips would simply fall off. .....
What about putting a freezer bag, (or similar) around the base. Remove bag, swarf falls off, replace.

Cheers Phil

I use my mister on the mill, lathe, drill press, bandsaw. Plus eny outher tool I am using to cut metal. Well except the torch, No kool mist there. For wood working I use it dry to keep the dust out so I can see.

Back