One Job Leads To Another...

Ray C

Registered
Registered
So, a tradesman in the neighborhood took a leap of faith and became my first official customer... He's a plumber and wanted some nice aluminum cabinets on his F350. I took measurements, drew-up some sketches (in CAD) and gave him an estimate. He went with some simple designs. I cut it up, welded it together and told him to come pick it up...

He was pleased and said, you saved me $2000 and the quality was 3 times better than store bought... -Now do my other three trucks...

Here's a photo of my first real supply of aluminum stock paid for under the name of the business. 5 sheets of 4'x8', 3/16 aluminum diamond plate. This is enough to do the other three trucks... And the nice thing is that each sheet leaves a nice juicy piece of drops for me to play with...

Wish me luck guys, www.cmf-llc.com is off and running -this is do or die for me...

ALSheets.JPG

Ray

ALSheets.JPG

Ray--you definately don't need any luck---you already have skill and good communication and very nice quality---that will keep you in business, and we are praying for success---Dave

Here's wishing you the very best in your new venture. As Dave said you have the skill, just don't forget that now all the items that used to be for fun are costs! I had a partner that didn't remember that. NOT FUN.

Here's wishing you the very best in your new venture. As Dave said you have the skill, just don't forget that now all the items that used to be for fun are costs! I had a partner that didn't remember that. NOT FUN.

Oh yeah... I don't claim to be a financial genius but, I got a grip on "checkbook 101". The last budget I ran on my old project was just under 8 million -and I was the lucky one who had to sign-off on everything and make sure it got put in the right account. Oh, the arguments with the people in finance... you wouldn't believe... At least they were there to help me -and now I'm doing it on my own. I've already learned that my accountant (Yvonne) is a very important person in my life right now... She calls me 2x a week just to make sure I'm not screwing things up -bless her heart.

Since this whole thing started a couple weeks ago, I spend 70% of my time on the phone or on quickbooks. Late at night, I go in the shop and actually make stuff...

Ray

Congrats Ray. Something tells me you are going to be very busy with your new business!

John

Ray--you definately don't need any luck---you already have skill and good communication and very nice quality---that will keep you in business, and we are praying for success---Dave

+1 Dave Smith

... Good luck man! I wish I lived closer to you! I would be happy to take promo pics for you (that's my biz)

Bernie

Nuff said ! We got another winner Congratulations ! ! !

Best wishes, Ray. Have to admire a man who is willing to go it on his own. You're obviously quality orientated, and that is rare enough these days that you should get a lot of repeat business and great referrals.

Tom

Hi Rat,
The best of fortune in your new business! Are you going to show us a picture of the tool boxes?
Michael

Back