One more Tool Gloat, I think?

JB Enterprise

Active User
Registered
Hey guys sorry been a while since I posted my work lost thier mind and decided to promote me and stick me on Grave yard shift, and I have discovered the human body is not supposed to be awake that time of night, anyway did some horse trading with a budy of mine that owns a machine shop and got a lathe out of the deal, so here it is Atlas Clausing model 6307 no tail stock but came with a turret and a collet closer.

Well I tried to post picks but apparently I have to figure out how to resize the shots the pics are 2.6 megs bigger than allowed and the size is the smallest my camera shoots, damn 2,000 dollar cameras can't do anything with them oh well i' going to work will try and post pics later.

Justin Bowerman
JB Enterprise
07 FFL in Central CA.

Edited check 2 posts down got photo bucket can view pictures there

Last edited:
Hello John.

Looking forward to seeing the new lathe. If your having trouble uploading the pics, perhaps a hosting site is what you need. I have one of those cameras that takes the big pics also and I have to use photobucket for mine. I find it easier than resizing all of them.

Hope this helps!

Use an image resizer

Just download: Image Resizer Powertoy for Windows from Micro Soft. Works great all you do is right click on the photo and pick the size photo you want. Just takes a couple of seconds to resize your photo.

What's the swing on that lathe? I know where there are a couple of tailstocks that are in the 10-12 inch range, at a glance. Probably could be adapted easily.

Waiting on pictures to see the bed config, if you'd be interested in a non original.

That lathe looks like it has great potential. I think you did damn good.

Randy

I'm supposed to go over tomorrow to this guy's shop to get some other pics of stuff he wants to sell, so Ill tale some measurements and get pics of the tailstocks for you.

I believe you did good too.

That's worth 2 gloats at least. I always wanted a Clausing. I missed a nice 13" 25 miles from home on eBay for $5. It had gone the previous time with no bids. I checked the lathe out. It was a 440 volt from Mexico. The 440 volts scared me.

Hope you find a tailstock without it costing as much as the lathe.

Joe

Joe, don't be any more afraid of the 440 than 220. You can get small dry transformers for stepping up your 220 to 440 if the machine is not already set up for dual voltage and can be changed down to 220.

These tailstocks I have in mind won't be expensive.

A little update

Just a little update got it cleaned up ways look good a little gear box noise bit what you expect from straight cut gears the drive is an after market from the Lima electric motor Co. Apparently the carriage was hardly used mostly the turret for parts made out of plastic, my buddys step dad owned one of the largest plastics Fab shops on the west coast.
Justin Bowerman
JB Enterprise
07 FFL IN CEN. CAL.

Back