One shot lube oiler leaking all the oil out of it.

ltlvt

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
On the Bridgeport Clone mill I bought the one shot pump oiler is leaking the fluid out of it. These things are pretty cheap China knock offs. The ones on Ebay are not even branded. The one I have is a Herg dual line unit. My question is has anyone ever taken one of these apart and can they be repaired. If necessary I will buy a new one but would like to save it if possible. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1615.JPG
    IMG_1615.JPG
    237.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1616.JPG
    IMG_1616.JPG
    217.8 KB · Views: 18
I don't have one, but why not just take it apart and find out. I am sure it's O-rings and you can source those out. A pump is not much... most pump oilers (hand held) don't even have o rings, just metal plunger in a metal sleeve with a ball as the one way valve. Or plastic.. Yours may be a little more involved than that, but not much.

I am with woodchucher. Look where it is leaking and see if you can fix it. What do you have to lose? Most of us have more time than money.

Might even be a cracked fitting. Maybe spray it down with some solvent and wipe clean. Should be easier to see where it's leaking.
Martin

Flex seal the whole thing.
BTW, this stuff really works. The skimmer in my pool cracked badly from the ground settling. The kneadable epoxy that they use was unable to properly seal it. I put flex seal all over the cracks and for the first year in many I never added water to the pool. I'm a believer.

I had the same problem with the one-shot on my 935. I would get a puddle of oil on the base, under the knee.

I installed a on/off valve on the output of the oiler, and the problem went away.

Might even be a cracked fitting. Maybe spray it down with some solvent and wipe clean. Should be easier to see where it's leaking.
Martin
I plan on doing this today. You can see in the picture the red coffee can I put under it just to prove to myself it really is leaking. It leaked all the oil I put in it in just a few days. I have some refrigerant oil with die in it I may put a little of the die in the way oil to help me find the leak easier.

Last edited:
I had the same problem with the one-shot on my 935. I would get a puddle of oil on the base, under the knee.

I installed a on/off valve on the output of the oiler, and the problem went away.
The red coffee can under the pump was put there by me to assure me it was leaking from the pump, and it is. So now I am going to follow Martin W's advice and clean it with solvent and see if I can pinpoint the leak. I have some refrigerant oil dye that I will add to the way oil to help me pinpoint the leak. Then I will take the top 4 screws off the top and do exploratory surgery. LOL Thanks for your reply.

Back