Only a couple of days now!

Willie van Zyl

Active User
Registered
I placed my order with Weiss for a WM280V-F lathe and WMD30-LV milling machine back in June this year. Guess what, these machines were shipped a month ago and they finally arrived at the port of Cape Town yesterday morning. All that needs to happen now is they need to GET MY MACHINES OFF THE DARN SHIP!!!!

I will probably, well, hopefully be contacted to collect them Monday next week......Oh please may that happen today ;-)

After reading various posts all over the net regarding chinese build quality etc I think it will be best for me to follow the strip, clean, inspect, lube and reassemble routine. Thus, I'm looking for advise on how best to approach this, what to look out for, what oils and grease to use etc.

I believe there are people on this forum with the experience to guide me through this process, so please lets hear from you.

Thanks for a great forum.

Hi All,

Finally got my machines at home!!! I still need to secure them to the floor and clean them up real good before I attempt to run anything. See pics below:

A heavy load for such a small bakkie (truck).

Woohoo....nice.

Easy does it!...Thanks Dad for helping. I would not have been able to get all this done on my own.

Will this hold?

Stand looks okay.

They fit right in

The complete picture.

Last edited:
Lekker, Lekker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Looks like you are going to have a lot of fun with those beauties!!!!!

Congratulations Willie!!!

Andrew

The new toys look great Willie, I tell ya you have way more patience waiting on those machines than i would have. I applaude you for that. I waited 2 weeks and that was 14 days of torture lol. Have fun with em

What happend to my reply and the pictures:headscratch: both appear to have vanished

Grayone

Yep, looks like we are running on a previous back-up now since quite a few things disappeared.

Willie v Z, please repost your pics. I haven't gotten to see them at all yet. :(

If this doesn`t work I will start a new thread.

A heavy load for such a small bakkie (truck).

Woohoo....nice.

Easy does it!...Thanks Dad for helping. I would not have been able to get all this done on my own.

Will this hold?

Stand looks okay.

They fit right in

The complete picture.

Back