Opinion on this power kraft lathe

D.sebens

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
This lathe came up for sale near me. The pictures make it hard to assess. They are very dark. He said it’s a power kraft. 5x24. I feel like it’s larger than a 5” swing right?

Power Kraft is the name they put on Logan Lathes at Monkey Wards. Logans are good machines. Probably worth checking out.

Should be a 10" x 24". Lathe.com has Logan models and specs.

British folks use the smaller number for lathe swing. A 5" for them would be 10" for us

IMG_2066.jpegWell to be honest, I’m tempted to make the two hour drive myself. At $300, it would be hard to go wrong. It has many accessories which, if cleaned and operational, would easily cover the purchase price in resale value.
IMG_2067.jpegIMG_2068.jpeg

Yup, it's a good starting point. You can have fun cleaning it up and running it. If you decide to
move to something else, you can sell it with no regrets.

This looks like a change gear lathe right?

This looks like a change gear lathe right?

Yes it is. Buy it. At that price you could part it out it and get your money back +. Logan is one of the few companies still in business and selling parts......they are extremely pricey but availability might make the difference if something is badly worn.

One thing I noticed is the chucks look pretty rough, and the one on the lathe has outside jaws in it. Those are matched to the chuck so see if the seller has the regular jaws sitting around.

Invest in some Evaporust and get to work! :)

Back