Osha Saety Blow Gun Tip

They are used when an OSHA visit is expected if you have a shop large enough to qualify, the inspector has a device that measures the pressure at the exit and if it is to high you will be fined. It has a crosshole drilled through it to relieve the pressure.

I do not recommend this but most have 1/8 NPT pipe threads at the outlet end and an easily available 1/8 pipe to 1/4 hose barb fitting makes an excellent full pressure nozzle, I did not tell you this however (-:

Last edited:
I would never use, ops :nail biter: I mean replace the osha safety nozzle.:barbershop:

The MSHA explanation of the side holes in the blow gun is as stated earlier to prevent air from penetrating the skin. Was in the Mill Machine Shop when an old hand started blowing down his work area, that experience convinced me of the value of safety glasses. Just had my second cataract removed and seem to be more sensitive about shop work and my eyes.
Have a good day!
Ray

I remember when they were introduced. I still have one with set screws in the side holes. It didn't take long to over-ride the safety solution.
Why do you need set screws in the side holes? I've always found the venturi effect means excellent airflow with them. I like the OSHA ones at work better than my cheap non-OSHA variety at home. But I'm too cheap to go buy one of those when I already have the other.

Why do you need set screws in the side holes? I've always found the venturi effect means excellent airflow with them. I like the OSHA ones at work better than my cheap non-OSHA variety at home. But I'm too cheap to go buy one of those when I already have the other.
Agreed, I don't see the point of plugging the side holes either, the blowguns work fine and who needs an pneumatic-embolism in their life.

Back