Resolved Out of date site certificate

Help, I'm being held captive.

Unfortunately this is not something us moderators can remedy. Admins have been notified already, hopefully they can fix it soon.

If on a mobile device, you may or may not encounter some features that won't work such as uploading pics, liking posts, post drafts getting saved, smilies not appearing, etc. Depending on the platform & browser used on your mobile device you can disable website security & the features will work. On Android it's an option called "warn about malicious sites". But if using an older browser it may not have this feature & in some cases you probably won't be able to bypass the error to view this site anyway. However I'm not actually recommending anyone to do this nor am I saying it's 100% safe cause I don't know.

I reset the date on the computer to June 30, 2020. Temporary solution until it gets fixed. Then I will set the date back to the correct date.

I have discovered that I have to reset the date back to the current date when I leave HM because other sites don't work with the wrong date.

Last edited:
I reset the date on the computer to June 30, 2020. Temporary solution until it gets fixed. Then I will set the date back to the correct date.

I have discovered that I have to reset the date back to the current date when I leave HM because other sites don't work with the wrong date.
I have my own domain and mailer, for which I wanted never to stumble on the issue of certificate renewals. My son set it up for me - apparently in a few minutes, by including a few lines in a script that runs daily. It is smart enough to to not do a renewal until the certificate is just about to run out.

I can see that if HM is on some other provider's server, then it may be up to them to keep their service with regard to HM up to standard when it comes to authentication discipline.

I trust HM, so I have added an exception to the browser, (for now), so that the "Insecure Page" red warning does not happen.

Thanks admins!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back