Oversize AXA, BXA and CXA now available

hvontres

Active User
Registered
After a couple of months of waiting, Allindustrial Tool Supply now has oversize AXA (5/8"),BXA (3/4") and CXA(1") toolhoders in stock. Just search for <your size> XL. I just got 4 BXA ones and they fit my PhaseII wedge toolpost just fine. This way I can use some of the surplus 3/4" tooling that seems to pop up on ebay a lot more than the 5/8" shank stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Oversize AXA, BXA and CXA now available at Allindustrial

I just noticed this thread this morning, but had purchased and received 3 of the BXA oversized holders earlier this week. For $16.00 each, you can't go wrong! I had even cut out some blank steel a couple months ago to make a few of these, but I'm glad I never finished all that milling that has to be done to make these.

Jack

We can't provide free links to suppliers. We're trying to sell a few static sponsor ads on here to keep the site going. Maybe they could consider taking an ad so that our members will be pointed their way.
Thanks for understanding.

We can't provide free links to suppliers. We're trying to sell a few static sponsor ads on here to keep the site going. Maybe they could consider taking an ad so that our members will be pointed their way.
Thanks for understanding.

Nels,

Could you post guidelines for providing (or not) links. I understand the need to support this forum with advertising. What I am asking about is, occasionally someone asks a question like "where can I get a ....." and occasionally I like to reference a vendor that I use in a project. I'm just looking for an acceptable method of providing information without giving away advertising.

Thanks

Jim

In case anyone is curious, here's some pics of a BXA size.

It's the same style as the import holders that originally came with my lathe.
Img_9411.jpg

Img_9417.jpg

Next to a Dorian oversized holder (1" capacity)
Img_9407.jpg

Img_9410.jpg

I doubt I will ever use it but considering the price I'd say they would be worth it. If they were more expensive than the regular import holders it wouldn't be any different than just milling out ones you have. I hate those extremely long set screws but I always replace the set screws anyways.

Back