Overview of the Shen Jey, Osama, Millport, Victor lathes sub-forum

You would know, I get them mixed up, but I think wye requires a big Transformer

No big transformer.

Nope just standard delta. Got her up and running. Now I'm starting to hit that realization, I have no idea what I'm doing lol. Figuring it out though.1000045485.jpg

Has Anyone actually found a parts manual for the Osama Sr? Currently rebuilding my cross slide and would be helpful.

Has Anyone actually found a parts manual for the Osama Sr? Currently rebuilding my cross slide and would be helpful.
Still looking for one. Very hard to find. I believe the Victor that Abom has is almost exactly the same (that manual is available). The WinHo manual for the 17", 18" and 19" models is very close (available at Eisen Machinery).

I hate this thread. It reminds me that I passed up an Osama Sr. 17x40 with two cabinets of tooling and a hydraulic tracer attachment, only 2 miles from me. $4000 for all. I thought it would be too much trouble to move, and would have to sell the Takisawa (which is a terrific lathe anyway). Mr. Moderator, please lock and delete this thread forever?

I hate this thread. It reminds me that I passed up an Osama Sr. 17x40 with two cabinets of tooling and a hydraulic tracer attachment, only 2 miles from me. $4000 for all. I thought it would be too much trouble to move, and would have to sell the Takisawa (which is a terrific lathe anyway). Mr. Moderator, please lock and delete this thread forever?
These are really nice machines with an unfortunate name. They do pop up on the rebuilder/refurbished sales sites occasionally. Gateway drug to "real" industrial machines.

Back