Palmgren Swivel angle vise- Does this handle belong on it?

Buickgsman

Active User
Registered
I picked up this nice Palmgren swivel and angle vise and it has this strange extension lever on the handle. Has anyone seen anything like this before? It looks like it is just a light press fit. SHould I take it off and throw it in the woods? The rest of the vise is in great shape, just needs a cleaning. That handle doesnt match the original green paint so I am thinking someone tapped it on there at some point. Opinions?

Thanks!

2013-04-29_20-57-16_100.jpg 2013-04-29_20-57-22_409.jpg 2013-04-29_20-57-30_215.jpg

Bob,

That handle is VERY rare. The vise however is junk. I would suggest that you keep the handle and send the vise to me. :))

Just trying to help.

Steve

That's someone's idea of a speedhandle. Not OEM, but not a terrible idea either. Seems to me it would get in the way though.

Not original to the vise and really looks clumsy at best. I would lose that handle to be sure.

Guess while on the subject, my mill vise is a biggie, I cannot lift it, anyway sick of getting by with a box
wrench, So what I made started life as a 4 way lug wrench fits perfect chopped it up heated and bent
it while on the vise then turned a alum handle like my knee handle and buffed it. (no one will ever know)

Back