H-M Supporter Gold Member
8.5 x 7.0 x 2.75 bearing bronze

Attachments

• IMG_4934.jpg
    IMG_4934.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220920_141111.mp4
    20.9 MB
It's good that you were successful at parting it, but I'd like to know more of the story around why you're working on such a large bearing.

What are you making/fixing?

A Bliss ,open back inclineable 60 ton press.

WOW! That's a big'un (for H-M anyway). Is that your personal machine or ???

I'm curious because I haven't seen very many machines of that type and capacity here, on H-M.

Very interesting.

I am a professional repairman. I work all over Ohio,Michigan and part of Pennsylvania.
I love what I do ( troubleshoot and repair)
I dived in to this press because a good customer asked me too, I don't typically work on presses.
But I do work on all types of machine tools.
I enjoy the variety.
One day I might be working on Mori Seiki cnc and the next a 50 year old Hungarian lathe.
At my home shop I have a variety of equipment.
I come across used equipment and tooling and occasionally will take equipment in for partial payment.

I am a professional repairman. I work all over Ohio, Michigan and part of Pennsylvania.
I love what I do ( troubleshoot and repair)
I dived in to this press because a good customer asked me too, I don't typically work on presses.
But I do work on all types of machine tools.
I enjoy the variety.
One day I might be working on Mori Seiki cnc and the next a 50 year old Hungarian lathe.
At my home shop I have a variety of equipment.
I come across used equipment and tooling and occasionally will take equipment in for partial payment.

Thank for the info. Congratulations on the "I love what I do". :clapping:

I'm also relieved that it's a customers job so you didn't have to pay for that bearing. LOL

The raw stock was 600.00
9 x 6.5 x 6 long

Last edited:
Back