Pass Around 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to focus your attention to the question at hand:
If a participant sees something in the PAB that he doesn't recognize, Is it appropriate to ask 'what is it?' in the thread or not?

To read the description one item, out of ??? (50?), wouldn't perceptibly diminish my enjoyment. Answering the question would certainly help at least one participant, probably more.

Trying to focus your attention to the question at hand:
If a participant sees something in the PAB that he doesn't recognize, Is it appropriate to ask 'what is it?' in the thread or not?

To read the description one item, out of ??? (50?), wouldn't perceptibly diminish my enjoyment. Answering the question would certainly help at least one participant, probably more.
*shrug* maybe? I suspect putting some sort of guide in the box for less-obvious things would be a good idea/more helpful (since again, the one we had a question about was one I 'knew' what it was incorrectly).

I think that hits the mark, @ErichKeane
For a toolholder, jotting the size of bit required on a slip of tape and sticking it on there would be enough. "Kant-twist handle" taped to one would be sufficient. I pulled a shell mill from the box. I'm not sure what you could write that would make it's purpose any more obvious.

Here's a twist. I put a couple items in the box that were name-brand and looked expensive, but I had no idea what they were used for. Was that fair? Did I break a rule?

I think that hits the mark, @ErichKeane
For a toolholder, jotting the size of bit required on a slip of tape and sticking it on there would be enough. "Kant-twist handle" taped to one would be sufficient. I pulled a shell mill from the box. I'm not sure what you could write that would make it's purpose any more obvious.

Here's a twist. I put a couple items in the box that were name-brand and looked expensive, but I had no idea what they were used for. Was that fair? Did I break a rule?
I don't see that as a rule break, as long as you are reasonably sure it is hobby related.

*shrug* maybe? I suspect putting some sort of guide in the box for less-obvious things would be a good idea/more helpful (since again, the one we had a question about was one I 'knew' what it was incorrectly).

The bold words are the rub. In this environment, we have no idea what will be less-obvious to the other.

Resolving 'less-obvious' is what questions are for, IMO.

I guess my thought is that if you have no clue what it is or what it is for, there is a good chance you also have no use for it. I left some neat looking stuff in the box because I had no idea what it was. A few weeks later someone that knew what it was and needed it took it.

Dont get me wrong I am sure there I things I need but don't know that I need, simply because I never heard of it before. OK MAYBE I just talked myself out of my previous statement, maybe.......

I’d say leave it up to whomever puts it in. There’s no utility to someone taking something they won’t use, just as it stinks if someone passes on something they need.

John

If you are adding something that is somewhat unknown but special then maybe put description on tape attached.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back