Patience ....

Logan Novice

Registered
Registered
Ordered my 1127VF-LB with DRO on back order November 2020 ... it arrived January 5. Delayed ten days in snow covered Chicago. ABF Freight Lines handled it perfectly and their driver helped me get it up the short driveway into the garage/shop. Kukdos to ABF. Hardest part of setup was uncrating it and aligning it on the PM stand (the stand is a nice piece of work) Having experienced only two small problems, both of which were easily resolved, I am well satisfied.
The DRO component on the carriage is mounted in such a way that it covers the cross feed locking cap screw and it's impossible to access that screw with a hex wrench. I am changing it out for a hex head screw that I can adjust with an open end wrench. The DRO control head was dead right out of the box; ugh!!! But a call to PM Tech. (Mike) and we found the fuse holder spring needed to be lengthened just a bit and the small fuse clamping piece in the holder tightened slightly to get it working.
I still have some learning to do with the controls and it's going to take some work to get the bed alignment under .004 per foot but I have no complaints.
A word of caution: don't remove the quill from the tail stock. It's a SOB to put back. :grin:

Welcome to the 1127 club!

Yeah, the tailstock quill is annoying to install. Has to be lined up perfectly.

I don't know if you want to mess with it, but I installed the DRO scale hanging off the back of the machine based on a guy I saw on YouTube. Gets it out of the way nicely. It does require some mods to the backsplash though.

" but I installed the DRO scale hanging off the back of the machine based on a guy I saw on YouTube. Gets it out of the way nicely. It does require some mods to the backsplash though."
That would be Pragmatic Lee. I did the same with my 1236.

Back