PayPal and supporting Hobby Machinist related issues

I use PayPal often. It is my preferred method of payment, especially for vendors that I don't have any experi4ence with. It isolates my credit card from the vendor so there is no chance of misuse, either deliberately or by negligence. Any transaction only occurs with my authorization and once the transaction is completed, I get an immediate confirmation. We find it handy for international transfer of money as well.

My payment to PayPal is by credit card. There is no direct link to any back account.

I only have a credit card attached to PayPal and that's the only thing that card is used for.

Im guessing if you use PayPal to receive money then you need a bank account linked that way they can rip the money back if there’s an issue.

I don't understand. I have a PayPal account and do not have a bank account listed with them. I also do not give my bank account number to anyone. Now mind you, I have a credit card on file with them for my financial dealings. The credit card has protections and allows me to make my donations.
I have and had several CCs attached to my PayPal account but several years ago they got a bug in their bonnet about making anyone who bought over 5k thru their service had to link their bank account. I went round and round with them and the bottom line then was it was their way or the highway. I chose the highway and have not used their service unless forced to and it pisses me off every time. Like this time but I went to lifetime just so I do not have to use PP again any time soon. It’s funny I woke most of Musk’s companies except for PP

PayPal acts as a money transferring entity and is required to identify anyone who transfers over a certain amount. Linking to a bank account verifies that you are who you say you are, not a bad guy trying to fund enemies of the US.

John

Yeah, right. The credit card already does that. I know because when I sighed into my social security account online my credit card number was used as my verification.

Last edited:
Probably related to homeland security, terrorist financing. etc....

TLDR~

PayPal acts as a money transferring entity and is required to identify anyone who transfers over a certain amount. Linking to a bank account verifies that you are who you say you are, not a bad guy trying to fund enemies of the US.

John
another reason not to use it IMO, don't want to be on the terrorist watch list

Doubt any of us have much reason to worry. If you’re doing something you shouldn’t be doing cut it out :rolleyes:

John

Doubt any of us have much reason to worry. If you’re doing something you shouldn’t be doing cut it out :rolleyes:

John
what would be the fun in that, i prefer to just not get caught.

Back