Picked up another old sander

mrbreezeet1

Active User
Registered
Would have rather had another old delta, but this is pretty nice too.
Going to give it a face lift.
Got it for $40.00.
Thanks,
Tony

Craftsman Disk sander.JPG

Just waiting for the weather to warm up.I brought this shortly before I went in the hospital. (The Sander)
These are actually pretty nice, little bit of vibration I need to address.
Just got an ENCO grinder stand this will go on, got it for around $66.00 and Free Shipping! The last -20% /Free Shipping deal enco had.
Don't seem like a bad stand for the money.

photo.jpg

Oh, I thought he wanted $35.00, but he offered $30.00
It was posted at $45.00, maybe he gave it to me for $35.00
Came with a craftsman shaper fence, about 3 0r 4 Norton 80 grit PSA disk's, and some other disk thing, I don't recall 100%.
Oh well, I know he offered it to me for less. Lucky (for me) I don't think they were beating down his door over it.
I posted in another thread, but it should be followed up here.

this is a decent little sander. Mostly just cleaned up and a little paint here and there. Did not have the OEM craftsman stand, used this one from ENCO.
Only thing I need to do, the PO never had a switch hooked up to it, just plug it in, and it runs. (not real safe IMO), so I have to get a switch.
The Craftsman sander reminds me a good bit of a delta disk sander. Lots of cast iron, and man, this baby is smoooooooooooth!
had a little vibration, but after new sandpaper and going over everything, and mounted to the ENCO stand, it's now smooth as silk.
I was going to try and balance the disk with stick on lead wheel weights, but now I don't have to.
Oh, BTY, I only gave $30.00 for the sander. Pittsburgh CL find. he wanted $35.00, I did not "bat an eye" but he said , tell you what how about $30.00. Ah...........OK then.......LOL
I think that was the 1st time the *seller* talked the price down..........LOL (helped with my gas, as it was a good hour away. All freeway though.
Anyways, enough yacking, here are some pictures. Got a double there, can't see where to delete it though.
thanks for reading.
Tony

PS, forget the price 100%, as stated, maybe he was asking $45.00, and he said $35.00. I think even $45.00 would have been fair.

DSCF1491.jpg DSCF1492.jpg DSCF1494.jpg

Looks like it is all coming together quite nicely. You'll get alot of good use out of it.

Back