Pics from my first Santa gig

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
As most of you know I had to ditch my plans for being Santa and come help my folks through some troubled times health wise. So I took the lemons and made some lemonaide. Had my daughter ship my Santa suit down here and volunteered at a non profit thrift store that my parents have frequented for years and became good friends with. I did 2 days there and walked around at a Christmas parade in a nearby town last nightdressed as Santa. I'll be at the home that my dad is at next Fri. then head home for Christmas with the grandsons. Then I'll head back here til spring. By the way that guitar Gibson B-25 was the guitar I learned to play on when I was about 9 years old

IMG_20131213_195625.jpg DSC01352.JPG DSC01349.JPG DSC01346.JPG DSC01341.JPG DSC01336.JPG

Nice! soon my beard will be that white, and then I can play the part.

Charles,

If you're getting paid for this, you're stealing!!! Awesome gig! I wish I had the whiskers.

Steve

Ps: My tablet keeps changing Charley to Charles. Maybe I'll call you Chuck! :roflmao:

Last edited:
Santa WAS a tinkerer!! You got the home life down pat too!

Bernie

Charles,

If you're getting paid for this, you're stealing!!! Awesome gig! I wish I had the whiskers.

Steve

Ps: My tablet keeps changing Charley to Charles. Maybe I'll call you Chuck! :roflmao:

I spent 15 years at a gig that would make almost every man in the world jealous ..... You better fix that tablet or ......:*****slap2::cussing::soldier2::slapping::shotgun::bash::gangster:

May many blessings be upon you for your good deeds and thinking of others at this time when you are going through great difficulties yourself. You are doing more than just wearing the suit; you are living it!

I spent 15 years at a gig that would make almost every man in the world jealous ..... You better fix that tablet or ......:*****slap2::cussing::soldier2::slapping::shotgun::bash::gangster:
You were the oiler for the Tropicana girls?

Charley, you have found one of lifes pleasures. Those kids will remember that for a lifetime and so will you.

"Billy G"

Mighty nice of you Charley. Something for the kids to remember for many years.

Looks like a nice Gibson also. Had a friend, that is passed on now, that brought his Gibson to a lot of music parties that we used to have. She really had a good sound, but then he bought a Martin that he liked better. I still favored the Gibson and some of the others of us would pick it up now and then, when he'd bring it along.

Jim

Back