Pictures of my new to me 4914

oilslick

Registered
Registered
Well people,

My oldest son had to help 'ol computer illiterate dad out with loading the pictures of my 4914. This is a freash out the crate shots, as the lathe was pretty well clean. It came with a lot of tooling not shown in the pics, a Royal lever collet set with 20 collets, carbide bits, dead centers, center drill set, dog plate and Jacobe's 1/2" tailstock chuck. The part that I'm really excited about is the taper attachment, gonna make some miniature brass cannons for my grandson to play with, and maybe a golfball Mortar for grampa:)). It is going to be fun, fun, fun!!

Randy

DSCN1390.JPG DSCN1383.JPG DSCN1385.JPG DSCN1386.JPG DSCN1387.JPG DSCN1388.JPG DSCN1389.JPG DSCN1384.JPG

Well people,

My oldest son had to help 'ol computer illiterate dad out with loading the pictures of my 4914. This is a freash out the crate shots, as the lathe was pretty well clean. It came with a lot of tooling not shown in the pics, a Royal lever collet set with 20 collets, carbide bits, dead centers, center drill set, dog plate and Jacobe's 1/2" tailstock chuck. The part that I'm really excited about is the taper attachment, gonna make some miniature brass cannons for my grandson to play with, and maybe a golfball Mortar for grampa:)). It is going to be fun, fun, fun!!

Randy

That looks heavy duty, very nice. Is the top cover for the headstock missing or was it just removed for the pics?
That taper attachment looks solid! :))

M

That looks heavy duty, very nice. Is the top cover for the headstock missing or was it just removed for the pics?
That taper attachment looks solid! :))

M

Thanks 7HC......I took the top cover off for cleaning, thought I might as well take some pictures. I'm trying to find out what kind of gear grease to put on the gears, I had heard Mobilux #2, have'nt seen any on the various suppliers catalogs yet. I'd guess just about any thick or tacky grease would do. I'm going to use Mobil 24 DTE for the spindle bearings and Vactra # 2 for every thing else. Gotta get powered up soon, VFD or RPC, leaning towards a RPC though.

Randy

using a rotary phase control will cost twice what a variable frequency drive will cost. with a vfd you have speed control and direction control at your finger tips. you can even adjust your decelaration time.
Richard

that rascal looks ready to do some serious fun projects,
if that taper attachment is as accurate as it looks no more worrying about
tooling you can make that end pretty easily anyway!

Very cool Randy! The taper attachment and the Royal collet setup makes that a fine machine. It looks in great shape as well. I use Mobil 1 synthetic grease on my 4902, I think WalMart still sells it. I used a Teco FM50 VFD to power mine.

this is a ridiculously clean and well tooled up lathe - congratulations.

Here ya go brother. There are references to oil and oiling. Plus much more.

Bill

Attachments

• Clausing10inLathe4900SeriesOperatingInstructions.pdf
    937.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Clausing10inLathe4900SeriesPartsList.pdf
    719.2 KB · Views: 19
Here ya go brother. There are references to oil and oiling. Plus much more.

Bill

and here are the cross references of different brands... enjoy

Attachments

• clausing-lathe-lube-x-ref.pdf
    25.3 KB · Views: 27
Back