Resolved Pictures...viewing

Tim9

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Not a major issue and because it’s not major I’ve been ignoring it.....But, whenever I click a thumbnail pic....I can only view 1/2 of the first pic. All the other pics can usually be viewed by hitting the right arrow of thread frame pic......and all other pics are full sized. It’s weird. Because it’s always.....only the first pic and if I click a different thumbnail ....like the 2nd thumbnail in that thread posting then the First pic will be fully visible. This happens when using my iPad and Safari.

Not a major issue and because it’s not major I’ve been ignoring it.....But, whenever I click a thumbnail pic....I can only view 1/2 of the first pic. All the other pics can usually be viewed by hitting the right arrow of thread frame pic......and all other pics are full sized. It’s weird. Because it’s always.....only the first pic and if I click a different thumbnail ....like the 2nd thumbnail in that thread posting then the First pic will be fully visible. This happens when using my iPad and Safari.
Uh. Boy that is weird. Is it possible to send some screen shots to demonstrate this? While I think I know what you are saying, I'm having a hard time visualizing it not being an iPad user myself.

I have the same problem. I’m using iPad also.

Here is an example of what I’m seeing. If I open the first photo I only see the top half of the photo. I can scroll through the other thumbnails and come back to the first and it usually comes up a full photo. Hope this makes sense and is the same problem @Tim9 is reporting. Otherwise, sorry for the interruption.
F42F8C62-4F6D-46BA-9623-619EADB07536.png
EF10D99F-7DD8-4488-B1F8-55BF7E333B65.png

Uh. Boy that is weird. Is it possible to send some screen shots to demonstrate this? While I think I know what you are saying, I'm having a hard time visualizing it not being an iPad user myself.
Weird it is. And now to make matters worse( for me ) .... damned thing is working fine right now. Happy it’s working but can’t illustrate it. Just making me think I’m crazy. On the bright side....Z2V’s post at least confirms to me I’m not a total lunatic.
It must have been something in my cache because I just tried to get an example in order to take a screenshot for you and both Chrome and Safari are working perfectly.
I’m glad it’s working but aggravated that the silly thing is making a liar out of me.but it’s exactly as shown above in Z2V’s post. It’s been doing it a while and the only thing I can come up with is I did have a number of windows saved in my Safari Browser.....and only thing I can tell which is now different is that I inadvertently closed all browser windows just a day ago. Yet...I’m fairly sure....in the past when this was acting up....I made sure to check open windows in Safari and closed any HM windows. FWIW....I KNOW it’s not a memory issue because I checked that a number of times and at no time was I ever running low on ram or any other memory while this half screen stuff was evident.

Last edited:
Weird it is. And now to make matters worse( for me ) .... damned thing is working fine right now. Happy it’s working but can’t illustrate it. Just making me think I’m crazy. On the bright side....Z2V’s post at least confirms to me I’m not a total lunatic.
It must have been something in my cache because I just tried to get an example in order to take a screenshot for you and both Chrome and Safari are working perfectly.
I’m glad it’s working but aggravated that the silly thing is making a liar out of me.but it’s exactly as shown above in Z2V’s post. It’s been doing it a while and the only thing I can come up with is I did have a number of windows saved in my Safari Browser.....and only thing I can tell which is now different is that I inadvertently closed all browser windows just a day ago. Yet...I’m fairly sure....in the past when this was acting up....I made sure to check open windows in Safari and closed any HM windows. FWIW....I KNOW it’s not a memory issue because I checked that a number of times and at no time was I ever running low on ram or any other memory while this half screen stuff was evident.

Glad to hear it has gone away. As an admin, I share your frustration that the software and/or the compatibility and device performance can be downright confounding. Sometimes, that is just the way it goes. Please reach out again if you see other or similar issues, and try to grab a screen shot if you think of it in the moment.

Bryan

Here is an example of what I’m seeing. If I open the first photo I only see the top half of the photo. I can scroll through the other thumbnails and come back to the first and it usually comes up a full photo. Hope this makes sense and is the same problem @Tim9 is reporting. Otherwise, sorry for the interruption.
View attachment 324130View attachment 324131
The way you describe it sounds like a device performance or internet speed issue. I'm not saying it isn't the site software, but I wouldn't start troubleshooting from that direction based on your description of the problem.

Reactions: Z2V
I'm logged in on my iMac now and have no problem with the pics. It must be a device issue as suggested. I would not have even mentioned it had Tim not brought it up, easy work around anyway.
Hmm,, I need to spend more time on this iMac instead of the iPad, 27" compared to 10" what a difference.
Bryan, keep up the good work, you guys have a great forum here, Thanks

As a follow up....I was just looking at the Moderator Projects -
Straddle Knurler for the Sherline Lathe
...and I clicked the 11th picture about midway down the page. As I click the arrow to the right of the picture, I view every picture fine until I get to the one picture which looks like this .
23C4E561-67D9-4E96-AAAE-DD50653FBC52.png

To make it weirder, it’s always only one pic of the lot and changes depending on which picture I choose first. Another odd thing I just noticed..".. because I had to take a screenshot then minimize that window and open another window of hobby machinist..... is that when I reopened that minimized window, I had a full size pic. It’s not an internet issue in that full size pics load instantly. Never a problem there.
It’s just wanted to follow up on this but in all honesty....all I have to do is minimize and then reopen to see the pics....I’d say it’s fixed and problem solved.

Back
Top Bottom