Pikes Peak Bike

matthewsx

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Zero bikes are infinitely cool!
I looked at one in Seattle a few years back and was very impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow, that's a serious bike. I don't know if I'd have the hand strength to hold on at full throttle! Pikes Peak has to be about the best type of race for an electric bike too - instant torque, limited run time and no effect of altitude changes. Really cool.

just watched the video of his run, that was pretty crazy. You could hear his pegs decking on the hairpins which was pretty wild. Then I watch Rennie Scaysbrooks' winning run and holy cow that was intense. Incredible to see how much suspension travel he was using on the front fork (all of it at some points). Sad to hear that the bikes are cancelled for this year after the death of the guy who was on track to win it (both for the guy and the competition). Still a better safety record than the Manx GP - if you want to $h!t your pants, watch some of the onboard footage from that!

just watched the video of his run, that was pretty crazy. You could hear his pegs decking on the hairpins which was pretty wild. Then I watch Rennie Scaysbrooks' winning run and holy cow that was intense. Incredible to see how much suspension travel he was using on the front fork (all of it at some points). Sad to hear that the bikes are cancelled for this year after the death of the guy who was on track to win it (both for the guy and the competition). Still a better safety record than the Manx GP - if you want to $h!t your pants, watch some of the onboard footage from that!
That was an amazing run.
Re Manx GP, check out the bio-film "Road" chronicling the Dunlops. Excellent portrayal of a family that's paid the ultimate price at the IoM TT.

Thanks David, I'll have to watch that. Not many of those Dunlops left, last time I read about them.

Sitting in the lobby of my new employer....

View attachment 343665

John
It looks like an electrified Ducati. That pikes peak can be raced with out knobbies sadness me a little. Cool place to work man!

Last edited:
Maybe its just me, but that doesn't look very comfortable to sit on!
R

Back