Pitfalls to these Lyon cabinets for sale?

Gaffer

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I'm considering buying these cabinets to keep and will be inspecting them tomorrow morning. They are rough and the seller says the drawers open and close, but not smoothly. They sat outside and rusted. I don't mind restoring them but not if I have to replace too many drawer guides at about $120ish each. The dimensions are 30"W X 28" D X 44" H. I appreciate your advice.

Nice cabinets, very heavy duty. I have a couple of those. A little cleanup and some lubrication and you should be good to go.

What Jim said . /\/\/\/\/\/\ . Lyon , Lista and Vidmars are all nice . They hold anything and everything and will still take the weight with no issue . See if he'll throw in the divider sections also .

What Jim said . /\/\/\/\/\/\ . Lyon , Lista and Vidmars are all nice . They hold anything and everything and will still take the weight with no issue . See if he'll throw in the divider sections also .
I will. Thanks

Well the problem is that you're gonna fill them all up and need more. Other than that, there's no down side to storage.

Slides are semi exposed to be able to clean the rails and balls. If everything is there it shouldn’t be hard to clean and make smooth again. Not a bad price

Well the problem is that you're gonna fill them all up and need more. Other than that, there's no down side to storage.
You're not kidding. I bought the US General 5 drawer a few months ago and thought that would be sufficient. Not even close. I couldn't believe how quickly it filled up and didn't seem to make a dent in my storage needs. My resolution was to get my ship in shape and hopefully these will do it, or at least get me much closer. :encourage:

I would buy every one he has. If they're as good as Vidmars, each drawer will be huge and can take over 400# of weight ... each. A single drawer can store every lathe chuck you own and still open with one finger. At that price, it's a no brainer.

Just for what it's worth . The more weight in the drawers , the easier they slide . I have the 44" Vidmar in at work . I wouldn't sell it for twice that price .

Back