Plainishing Hammer

I also saw the Ox planisher. Interesting. Don't know much about them........... but it appears rather useful. Looks its place is probably where a bench or floor mounted planisher won't go (a body panel mounted on a car).
Quit pointing sheet out to me! All I need are more tools. :)
Not seeing HF listing pneumatic planishing tools

I also saw the Ox planisher. Interesting. Don't know much about them........... but it appears rather useful. Looks its place is probably where a bench or floor mounted planisher won't go (a body panel mounted on a car).
Quit pointing sheet out to me! All I need are more tools. :)
Not seeing HF listing pneumatic planishing tools
Hey you asked and we here at H-M are all about TAS (Tool Acquisition Syndrome ) and enabling members to drive the economy through tool purchases:)

Yup, several of the old standbys at HF have gone away like the planisher, the plate beader etc. only to be picked up by other companies at 2-3x’s the $$. i think it’s been a year or two. If I remember right the HF planisher was like $140? Now the same exact things are $3-500. I keep an eye out for used HF stuff. That’s how I got my beader and 3n1 and vert bandsaw etc, etc. I have been saving floor space by integrating my beader and soon my shrinker/stretcher onto the frame of my English wheel. If I ever find or make a planisher it will get tacked on to the EW too. That was a crazy good deal I wasn’t ready for but couldn’t pass it up. This is what the old HF planisher looked like:

You going to buy one, or make one? With those vids I think I can make one. It looks like it’s a palm nailer with a handle and shoe on it. Great idea, just too pricey for me as I’m not in the trade.

Actually thank you for getting me on this track. This is one of the great things about riffing on tools is becoming aware of new stuff. This looks like the sweet spot between the Hotrod Hippy and the frame type planisher. I like the small size and that it's a shoe instead of a small head that can dig in and ding the work. There's no keeping the head perpendicular to the work.

1615900532494.jpeg

Last edited:
The Ox looks like a time saver. Upon reviews and videos I purchased one for reasons that I have too many iron's in the fire then the time involved in converting my palm nailer. These days, I am very time aware and what I do with mine. We agree it's $$$ but as my mom once said; "why don't you spend some of your money? it's just gonna go to other family members (predators) who........." which sadly is the case.
I'm making sure that won't happen and she would be proud of me.
I have used my palm nailer for driving rivets (until I bought a rivet gun). I see how it can be modified with a platform
I'll send you a "user review" of the Ox shortly. Thanks much for the tip!

Last edited:
I know all about those times where you don’t have the time to experiment and just want to get ‘er done. As my SO often tells me “it’s only $$”. I look fwd to your review. It sure looks satisfying in the vids.

Hello C-Bag and friends
My use of a slapping hammer & dolly brought this fender to a very respectable point (wish I had before pics) In about 5 mins the Ox hammer made it about perfect ....I'm rather impressed. Would have saved me much time had I had this tool. Lastly I'll be using an 80 grit detail sander before it goes in for powder coat. Looking fwd to building a bench top version. An English wheel is also on the horizon (ya'll know all about tool acquisition syndrome)
Thanks again

Attachments

• norton fender.jpg
    norton fender.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 12
Back