Planning to get a Sherline 4410 and 5410; help with accessories/etc. guidance, please?

I figured some might appreciate an update. Hopefully you'll pardon me abusing some lines from a movie ...

I have received many beautiful packages, each one filled with little surprises!
How many packages?
Many packages, many!
Would I say I have a plethora of packages?
Oh yes. I have a plethora...

So many that I barely have a room left, as I'm still waiting on a tool chest to arrive into which I'll be putting most of them.

I've got everything unboxed, with the lathe assembled. I've got the mill parts staged for assembly but I'm making rather slow progress as I'm still recovering from a health issue that seriously limits my stamina.

Unfortunately, slippery fingers gave me a nick on one of the ways. I don't think I can actually feel it with my fingertip, but my nail definitely catches. My indicator shows nothing, my test indicator twitches slightly, so assuming I'm using it properly, the nick is sub-micron in size. Aside from being rather angry at myself, should I do anything about cleaning it up, or ignore it and just, well, be more careful?

I would just run a stone over it lightly. If it doesn't cut then I wouldn't worry about it.

Congrats on your new toys!

Back