Please Help Choose Right Size Milling Vise

image.jpg Thanks for all the help. I'm finally starting to understand how it works. I am now stuck trying to figure out how to remove the chuck. I removed the set screw and think I may be missing a tool or two.

You need a drift, a flat piece of steel with a taper on one side and a long radius on the other, to fit against the top of the slot. You drive the drift through the hole until the taper starts the drill shank loose. have a pile of cloth underneath so when it falls it won't damage itself or whatever is below it. See below

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOv1u67d8bET1Nru51fxbueNCKszyhnsJbPATQlrp35pHK_Lxn.jpg

Thanks so much. I have the tool to remove the chuck and it worked just like you said. I am ready to prefer some endmill holders mt3. And I measured to slots on my mill and they measure 3/4 inch. I am looking at ordering from the little machine shops and the largest t bolt they sell is 1/2 inch. Am I not understanding something again. Lol.
Thanks in advance.

LMS is kinda specialized toward mini-mills and smaller lathes. You can get larger T-nuts from CDCO and other suppliers.

According to the specs page on the LMS site, swivel base mounting bolt centers are at 6" and 4" without base.
From your pictures, your table is ~ 6"x8". That means you'll only be able to use the swivel base mounted in one direction.
Not a big deal since it is a swivel base, but something to consider.
It also looks like the T-slots in the Y-axis direction are right at 4" apart. From that perspective, that puts the distance right at the vise mounting center distance of 4".
This may mean only being able to mount the vise by itself, without swivel base, in one direction as well.

J Pigg. I was a little worried about o oh being able to mount it with the base one direction. I am unable to see why that would be a problem in the future. Could you please explain?
Thanks

Probably not an issue. Most mill table T slots only allow mounting a vise in one direction, but I'm not familiar enough with 3 in 1 machines to know if it's desirable to be able to mount one in different directions. Just something to consider.

Back