Please Stop Sending Your Old Adapters to Me for Upgrade!!!!

ycroosh

Active User
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Folks,
I know that I promised to upgrade the firmware on V2 adapters to V3. I am still planning to do this, but I'm not ready for it yet. Right now I'm trying my level best to get TouchDRO Plus out this month.
Please stop sending stuff to me, and please read the "rules" carefully (in the first post of this thread: https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/touchdro-adapter-upgrade-or-trade-in.110201/.
I have 16 random packages on my kitchen counter. Half of them don't even have any notes, so I will have to look through the old orders and hopefully find the owners.
Also, only 3 are actually eligible for the upgrade in the first place, so there is still confusion about the difference between "fully assembled (in the box)" and "there was no option for a boxed adapter when I bough it".

So, when I am ready for the upgrades, I will post a ling to the store page where you will be able to "buy" it, and then send the adapter to me. I wrote two pages of instructions with photos of what is and isn't eligible. Once the link is up, hopefully it will be easy to figure out what exactly "fully assembled" means.

For people who sent the adapters, I will get to them eventually. If you want them back, please email me a PDF file of a pre-paid label for USPS Priority Flat Rate Box.

Thank you
Yuriy

Oh, boy! Apparently, I wasn't the only one confused! Good thing I read your previous response, or one of those might have been mine!

Yuri, I could have told you that. Most here get confused at most questions or statements.
so it's not hard to understand how they would mis construe your statements. Just like women... no=yes and yes=no.
Good luck.. LMAO
Every post that asks a question quickly goes off the rails here. Sometimes it adds information albeit that the op wasn't looking for, and sometimes its a total train wreck.

Oh, boy! Apparently, I wasn't the only one confused! Good thing I read your previous response, or one of those might have been mine!
Sorry, this came out harsher than I intended. My problem is that I'm swamped with TouchDRO Plus work that I'm trying to push out, but can't find time to work on it because of the flood of emails, messages, and unidentified boxes. And no, you were far from the only one confused about it.
Basically, just give me time to catch my breath, and I will figure out how to handle all this. I still want to offer the upgrade path, but need to figure out the logistics.

Yuri, I could have told you that. Most here get confused at most questions or statements.
so it's not hard to understand how they would mis construe your statements. Just like women... no=yes and yes=no.
Good luck.. LMAO
Every post that asks a question quickly goes off the rails here. Sometimes it adds information albeit that the op wasn't looking for, and sometimes its a total train wreck.
Well, you are describing basically every forum I've ever read :). To be fair, though, people here are much more civilized and pleasant than many-many other forum, especially compared to some other machining forums (that I shall not name). I mean, there is already selection bias when it comes to people posting on forums for a tendency to respond to threads.

When I'm not swamped, I have time for "personalized service". It's just that the last month has been a complete "cluster f...k", and I REALLY need to get the Plus version out.

Been this way forever it seems... ;)

Some folks have something to say, and some folks just have to say something. (read that somewhere)

Back