PM-1022V Lathe for sale on eBay: Damaged in Transit

erikmannie

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
This is listed by Quality Machine Tools. I thought about getting it to scavenge some replacement parts for my PM-1030V, but I am broke:

thumb.PNG

This seems like a goldmine for spare parts.

thumb2.PNG

You'll have $300 into what looks like to me a pile of junk. They say that the castings look ok, but I would be surprised if they were. Electronics are ripped out by the wires. I have a 1022 but would not buy this, even for parts.

I just noticed this machine has a bayonet style chuck mount. I might have some backing plates for you guys, I bought some 5in C-2 Din55027 backing plates that are too small for my machine. If that's what these are I have a deal for you.

JOhn

I just noticed this machine has a bayonet style chuck mount. I might have some backing plates for you guys, I bought some 5in C-2 Din55027 backing plates that are too small for my machine. If that's what these are I have a deal for you.

JOhn
What is a bayonet style? That one does have what looks like a little different chuck mount than mine. My chuck from PM just bolts on. Also just noticed the marks on top of that chuck where something beat on it for a while.

What is a bayonet style? That one does have what looks like a little different chuck mount than mine. My chuck from PM just bolts on. Also just noticed the marks on top of that chuck where something beat on it for a while.

Bayonet style is a DIN 55027 spec that seems to have come out of Russia. There is a short taper like D series cam locks but instead of cam locks there is a captured plate behind the chuck that rotates and captures the nuts on the studs that are fastened to the Chuck or backplate.

I thought it was some random Chinese thing until I did more research.

The backing plates I have are size 2 and have three studs each. I’ll try to post pictures tonight.

John

WOW!
That poor thing is seriously beat up from many angles.
Could be a deal for someone close that can pick it up to save the $250 in shipping.
They do offer local inspection and pickup.

Wonder what the heck they did to the poor thing for all that damage to have happened.

1. It obviously ain’t a Timex.
2. If you bought it and it got damaged in shipping, how would you know?
3. How long before it shows up on CL in California as “lightly used’?

Tom

Regarding your #2, the theory is that you do an initial inspection of the crate and refuse to accept it if damaged. That said, yes, I imagine a lot of damaged units don't become evident until the're unboxed. As everyone probably knows, it's highly unlikely that the delivery guy is going to wait around until you open the crate and look it over.

Back