PM-1022V Lathe for sale on eBay: Damaged in Transit

Delivery people don’t wait for sigs anymore! Literally drop and hop.
Pierre

What a disaster. Uggh....

I've had so many packages and boxes delivered damaged in the past months, some looking like they had been through the gorilla cage in a zoo. I was really holding my breath that the 833 mill I ordered was going to be delivered in good shape. Kept picturing the crate with a hole where a lifts forks were rammed in.

It arrived in fine shape, feel like I was lucky! :)

1. It obviously ain’t a Timex.
2. If you bought it and it got damaged in shipping, how would you know?
3. How long before it shows up on CL in California as “lightly used’?

Tom
Regarding your #2, the theory is that you do an initial inspection of the crate and refuse to accept it if damaged. That said, yes, I imagine a lot of damaged units don't become evident until the're unboxed. As everyone probably knows, it's highly unlikely that the delivery guy is going to wait around until you open the crate and look it over.
#2 was a poor attempt at humor regarding shipping the already damaged unit to the successful buyer.

Tom

I do not think a reputable company like PM would even consider trying that, and the shipping company would not accept a crate that badly damaged.

There are a lot of companies that do not insure stuff for full value, I wonder who got to eat that one.

I once had to make someone stand there while I investigated the other side of fork lift holes. Fortunately the forks hit nothing but air.

Back