PM 1127 Belt Changing Question

Logan Novice

Registered
Registered
My PM1127VF-LB came with a obligatory Operator's Manual BUT, the design of this model has changed since the manual was published and a new updated manual is in the works but not yet in print. So, even though the operations of the basic controls are relevant, the drive assembly and belt adjustment procedure is different. I am able to adjust the motor's primary drive belt with the socket screws in the backing plate but cannot find a way to remove/replace the spindle drive belt without removing one or both of the spindle drive pulleys. Simply loosening the idler roller is not sufficient. Any of you guys have this model or have experience with this dilemma? The motor mounting bracket offers no vertical or horizontal adjustment. I'd call PM but it's Saturday .... and I want to play before Monday. :dunno:

Belt 3.jpg

Last edited:

The last post has a good solution to the issue. The stock setup is kind of annoying. They seem to have changed the motor mount and didn't adjust the belt setup to make it work better. I just used a screwdriver in the belt and pulleys to pop the belt off. Kind of like changing the tube on a bike.

The last post has a good solution to the issue. The stock setup is kind of annoying. They seem to have changed the motor mount and didn't adjust the belt setup to make it work better. I just used a screwdriver in the belt and pulleys to pop the belt off. Kind of like changing the tube on a bike.
Thanks for the lead.
Based on what I've learned up to now I'll remove the OEM belt and replace it with one slightly longer, then pick up any slack with the idler. I'll try the M34 as a start.

Update:
Removed the high speed belt to test the machine at low speeds. Found the low speed pulleys out of alignment by about .100" (that's enough to cause the belt to ride high on the driven (spindle) pulley and twist under tension roller pressure) so I am working on shimming the idler pulley on the mounting plate. I'll keep ya posted ......

Attachments

• PICT6358.JPG
    PICT6358.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 81
Update:
Removed the high speed belt to test the machine at low speeds. Found the low speed pulleys out of alignment by about .100" (that's enough to cause the belt to ride high on the driven (spindle) pulley and twist under tension roller pressure) so I am working on shimming the idler pulley at the mounting plate. I'll keep ya posted ......

Back