PM-1127 DRO Questions

The DRO x- scale was install by PM If I push the DRO the X-scale reading, change numbers on the x0, I secure the x-scale and is also very clean there is a section on the book to find the center of the work, it does not work. will call PM to see if they can help.

yes I took the scale out and the head that was install at the center. When I took it out I notice that there were some copper spacers that I presume were at the end of the scale. after I secure everything the cross-slide was steady and the reading was steady but reading is not the same. I made some cuts with the cross-slide and it was perfect but the DRO did not even move. example, 620 to 610, DRO did not move at all.

the reading from the cross-slide from 0 to 0 is 200 thou. If I do that the X scale of the DRO read less than that.

Are you accounting for the backlash of the lead screw? Is the gib adjusted?

yes the gib is thank you guys for all. the issue is on the DRO will call PM will let you know what they will say.
I am an A/C contractor, busy for now will get in to the lathe when stop the A/C, working since 19 and I am 70 with two metal knees, broken neck, 5 heart bypasses pancreas not to good and tired. lathe will be a breath of fresh air.

hi I am nescosmo and I am back I have work with the lathe and not using the DRO but now with the covid 19 things are very slow and I will try to fix the DRO. My machine is a Precision Matthews 1127Vf-LB with a DRO install from the factory I have not call PM at all but I will start by checking the clearance on the head and the scale body. My heart is doing well but the doctor said, slow down or I will drop like a sac of potatoes. Talk to you all later, and yes I am Cuban, and love military rifles.

Last edited by a moderator:
alignment is ok I took the scale out and move it and some portion of the scale did not read. put it back and level it and still did not read as it should. will call the company sometime the DRO work as it should. will see what happen when I talk to them.

Back