PM-1236T, Aloris BXA-77 too tall!?

macmccaskie

Registered
Registered
Got that holder and put a NCIH26-3 blade in it but it’s just a tad too high. What’s everyone else using?

AXA seems to be the holder of choice for up to and including 12" lathes. You might try skinning a bit off the bottom of the tool to lower the cutting edge.

I skimmed mine on the mill, it was too tall too for my 13" swing. Everything else has been OK though.

or cut a bit off the bottom of the holder

Mine ran out of vertical threads on the adjuster to get center height, so I cut off from the top, so it would bring the parting blade up higher.

Thanks all, now I need to decide to stick with the BXA and shave that holder or go back to the AXA, but I hate to toss that investment - or at least take a loss selling it. My main desire was to get a better parting option. crud, crud, crud.

When ordered my lathe PM-1236T, I also ordered the BXA quick change tool holder. I have know idea when it will get here. But anyway, I'm assuming the Aloris must be just a tad taller, since the BXA was on the list of accessories.

I would go with what Aukai said and shave it a little.

Tim

That is the only holder that has given me issues.

Same here, I ordered the 1236 as well, the only option on the list was BXA... So that Aloris BXA-77 must be taller than the one supplied by Precision Matthews.

Same here, I ordered the 1236 as well, the only option on the list was BXA... So that Aloris BXA-77 must be taller than the one supplied by Precision Matthews.
You will get the BXA 7 and won't have that problem.

Back