PM 1340GT wanted in San Francisco Bay Area

rodjava

Registered
Registered
If allowed, I wanted to post a Wanted ad in this Precision Matthews group because of the viewership
If anybody objects, I will repost in the Machines Wanted section.

Before I place my order with Matt for a brand new PM 1340GT with all the options I want, I thought I would
ask the "Precision Matthews" membership for their help locating the lathe I want to buy. Perhaps you or
a member you know might be in a position to sell their PM 1340GT. Moving or upgrading might be a reason
to sell.

I'm in San Francisco and willing to drive a reasonable distance to pick one up. I do a lot of repeat type machining
so a 5c collet lever and DRO would be needed, but would not be a deal breaker. I would consider other PM precision
lathes similar to the PM 1340GT if it's going to help the seller and myself.

The PM1340GT is currently out of stock. I'm going to wait a month or two for a used lathe before placing my order.

Wish me luck!

Thanks in advance.

Rod in San Francisco
415 350 five two eight two

Now that I think about it I have never seen a used PM1340GT listed for sale. It will be interesting to see if you find one.

There is a wealth of information on this specific machine here on this forum. I am betting you've found much of it already.

Thanks everybody who chimed in so far.
I have the PM940CNC mill and like what Matt at Precision Matthews offers .

So, for now, I plan to stick with PM. I know it's a shot in the dark looking for a
used 1340, but you never know? I've recently retired, so funds are no longer unlimited.

Rod in San Francisco

Not even sure what a used 1340GT would sell for, and I have been giving this some thought lately given some life changes that have recently happened.

Good luck in your search, and if you do find one, tell us about it! :)

Not even sure what a used 1340GT would sell for, and I have been giving this some thought lately given some life changes that have recently happened.

Good luck in your search, and if you do find one, tell us about it! :)

Bill,
I'm sure everybody including myself puts an intrinsic value on personal possessions. Tools included. But in reality, it's like buying a new car. Once you drive it off the lot, you lose 20%. I'm not one who would take advantage of anybody in their time of need. Personally, I know what it's like to be stuck with a home full of items I know nothing about or have an interest in. Then you start relieving these items not knowing their actual value.

I would like to think that someone out there has an unused and lonely PM 1340GT sitting in their home shop, and would rather have cash in their pocket.

The search continues.........
Rod in San Francisco

You'll have to be quick on the trigger if you do see one, lathes in this area seem to fly off the shelf so to speak-
I see them sell within hours now especially for smaller garage/hobby type machines
Mark

You'll have to be quick on the trigger if you do see one, lathes in this area seem to fly off the shelf so to speak-
I see them sell within hours now especially for smaller garage/hobby type machines
Mark
Mark,
I'm hoping that the forum membership will clue me into a sale before it goes public.

Rod in San Francisco

Bill,
I'm sure everybody including myself puts an intrinsic value on personal possessions. Tools included. But in reality, it's like buying a new car. Once you drive it off the lot, you lose 20%. I'm not one who would take advantage of anybody in their time of need. Personally, I know what it's like to be stuck with a home full of items I know nothing about or have an interest in. Then you start relieving these items not knowing their actual value.

I would like to think that someone out there has an unused and lonely PM 1340GT sitting in their home shop, and would rather have cash in their pocket.

The search continues.........
Rod in San Francisco

Hey Rod,

I have no problem with 20, or even 30% off a lathe because it's used. But when you have one that is almost pristine/barely broken in, with thousands in extras and some clown tells you it's only worth 50% of purchase and the tooling has to be thrown in for free, I have a strong urge to physically throw them out the door... ;)

Back