PM-1440GT lathe , and PM-30 bench mill land tomorrow!

BIG GRIN... I want to put a muzzle break on one of my barrels, and I have a new 6 Creedmore custom reamer coming... just brimming with excitement.

Something like this? :grin:

HEY !!

yes Sir. I was thought gun smithing by Gordy Gritters... all my hunting rifles shoot bug holes... (he’s been doing my barrel work until lately where he had me build on his lathe).. now I get to build on my own.

I have custom reamers for 280AI, 260, and the 6 Creedmoor reamer should be shipping anytime from JGS.. :)

BTW I’m really impressed with the stiffness of the PM1440 lathe bed, even a 1/16th of a turn on any foot to adjust it will loosen up the other side, now that is stiff... WOW.

Great Base on that lathe - good work Matt & team !

I noticed the same thing with my 1340 GT. These are good quality lathes, and the 1440 GTis about as good as it gets for gunsmithing.

I don't know if Matt is even offering it any more, but I really wanted one of his cast iron bases for my 1340. Still want one, but can't afford one since getting shoved into early retirement.

After building the stand for my mill, and me not being a skilled welder all, I’d be inclined to make my own if I wanted a beefier stand.

I don't know if Matt is even offering it any more, but I really wanted one of his cast iron bases for my 1340. Still want one, but can't afford one since getting shoved into early retirement.
I bought the PM1440HD. It comes on the cast iron base. I think it was about 2700#s. But I have a 5,000# forklift. The mill does look small for the lathe size. I've got a Jet 9x49 and sometimes run out of Z space while working on castings.

Back