PM 1440TL - Making Hybrid Hubs for 97 Silverado/2010 Camaro Part 1

BladesIIB

https://www.youtube.com/c/BladesIIB
H-M Platinum Supporter
Here is last weeks project on my Precision Mathews 1440TL. Started with 112lbs of heat treated 4140 and made 2 front wheel hubs for a 97 Silverado that will accommodate 2010 Camaro wheels and brakes. This is Part 1, still waiting on the reamer to arrive so I can drill out the bold circle for the lug studs. Will get Part 2 posted as soon as they are done. Fun project, with a lot of learning as always. Made a lot of chips and really go to push the lathe much more than the little projects I have been doing. This PM 1440TL performed flawlessly, thanks for making such a great machine PM.

I have about 27 hours total in both so far. That includes band saw cutting, reviewing drawings etc. the second one on the lathe went much faster with drilling a 1” hole and boring from there, so would guess about 7-8 hours lathe time on the second one. Thinking another hour or so for the bolt circle so should be about 30 hours total. I estimated 10 hours each and think I will be close to that on the second one.

I'm excited to see the Camaro wheels on the Silverado. I'm a fan of both cars...been eyeing a new Silverado for a year or more. Is the Truck lowered?(I assume)

I have not seen the vehicle yet. I believe he said he has a lowering kit. He also has the wheels on it now with a spacer kit. Will be sure and get some pics when he gets these on and the new brakes on it.

Hubs are complete and I posted part 2 of the video. Also a pic at the end of the 97 Silverado with the Camaro wheels. Not using these hubs yet, will have to post an update when I have that.

Thank you. Yes I do like to keep it clean and keep from grinding over chips. Shop is small so gets cluttered fast. Really appreciate your feedback.

Back