Pm 25 Mv

Just recently sold mine, but had it for about a year and a half. I did mostly small stuff related to pistolsmithing and smaller projects, but once I did push the machine a bit hard. I had a 3/8" carbide rougher hogging 1" thick cold rolled steel. DOC was 1" and full width. VERY slow feed, and lots of lube but the mill handled it. I would NOT recommend a steady diet of things like that, but the mill can handle it occasionally if set up properly. Even though I now have a larger mill I think I'm going to regret letting my PM25 go. It's a good little mill.

I have a PM-25 for about a year now and really like it. I got the DRO with it. Ditto on not using the high range pulley. I imagine there are cases where you might want to, but I don't think you have to. It is a good trade off for capacity, size, cost, and other factors. I use other mills at work but I will like how the PM-25 does on the jobs that will fit in its envelope.

Any one willing to post a couple of pictures with something included to give a size reference. Never have been able to see a PM25 or a G704 in person. A pic of a 727 would be cool too.

Here's a PM25 with a box of Kleenex on the table along side a 4" vise. Note my new 'speedy crank' on the vise.

PM25 for scale.jpg

Sorry 'bout the mess, sometimes I get carried away with a job and forget to clean up. After all, I'm the next one to use it.

Looks like my shop! I call it organized chaos. For me its too little time to many projects. the Kleenex box and vise are good size references. I like the power feed, any details you can share? Sorry to be a pain about mill size etc. I want to make the best purchase I can one time.

Back