PM 833T DRO install.

Hey Tx Cowdoc.
I used E6000 to glue the light ring up to the bottom of the spindle. I also utilized a diffuser that can be added to the light ring. And correction to the above statement, I think that it was actually a 90mm light ring.

I realize this thread has been quiet for almost a year however, this is the kind of info I definitely need and am thankful for your effort in posting. My 833 is expected in Aug 2021 so I have time to shop for upgrades. I will be installing a DRO and I am wondering if you could provide the lengths of the scales needed. Also, does the X Scale reduce some of the Y travel?

Hey there. I ordered the X-axis at 580mm. Y-axis at 270mm, which I also specified as "slim". The Z-axis is 440,mm. I believe that those were travel lengths, not overall lengths.
I do not notice any reduction in Y travel. I purchased my DRO from AliExpress. Here is the one I ordered and the store I bought it from.
If I was going to do it over again I would purchase this one instead only because the readout would be easier to see. That one was not available when I ordered mine. Hope this helps.

Back