PM-833T/TV CHIP PAN/BASE question.

Tipton1965

Registered
Registered
For those of you that have this base I have a quick question. Does that lower front foot that sticks out get in your way? Seems like it would be under foot all the time.

Attachments

• Image 3.jpg
    Image 3.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
I have the base under my 833 and wondered the same thing when I ordered it. Can't say it has ever been an issue though, I don't recallever hitting it with my foot.

You could build your own custom stand like I did, which offers room for a cabinet underneath. I find the simple stands by either lathe or mill manufacturers to be quite lacking in practicality.

You could build your own custom stand like I did, which offers room for a cabinet underneath. I find the simple stands by either lathe or mill manufacturers to be quite lacking in practicality.
Do you have photos of the stand you made?

I wouldn't mind seeing it either, I'm going through the entire process of over thinking what mill to get also.

Phil

Ok. Here you guys go.

--->Here is the linky<--- To my mill thread. The beginning of my stand build is towards the bottom of the first page. I think I have another thread too regarding my 833 but not sure. Maybe it had something to do with the light ring I made around the quill so I can see my work.

One issue with the factory stand is I know the machine will sit too low. So I would have to add something underneath it to bump it up some. I'm pretty tall and don't like bending way over.

Has anyone ever filled their base up with concrete for extra rigidity?

Has anyone ever filled their base up with concrete for extra rigidity?

I filled my lathe stand with sand. Not sure it did much, and it was a messy job. When I had an RF45, I built my own stand out of baltic birch plywood to bring down the height (ceiling constraints). I built it from three layers of 3/4" birch plywood glue-laminated together to 2-1/4" thick slabs, then cut that to size and assembled those together into a box. The inside of the box was filled with concrete pavers from HD. I mounted this box to 4x4 stand-offs for pallet jack access under. Nothing fancy but it was rock solid.

Looking East from new entrance.jpeg

Back