PM-833TV and PM-1340GT Delivery Today

cday2021

Registered
Registered
Hi All,

I'm taking delivery of a PM-833TV and a PM-1340GT in less than 30 mins. For those of you that own these machines and have set them up, any pro tips before I start diving in? The 1340GT is 3-phase. I've bought all the parts and the VFD for it... I've studied Mark's schematics extensively so I think I have it sorted out.

Congratulations, nice pair of machines.

Welcome to the site

I have both of those. You'll spend half the day taking the crate apart, unboxing the accessories and start cleaning off the cosmoline.

You'll enjoy them!

I have the same lathe, and a 935 mill. Nothing special that I can recall in setting the lathe up. Enjoy those things, and post pics! :)

I just set my lathe in place on the stand with the supplied foot bolts, and metal pucks. I do not have a lot of room to swing an engine hoist, but that may have been a better option. Set the stand first, and swing the lathe after. I do most of my stuff by myself, I had the lathe , and stand on rolling dollies then brought it to position. The floor jack is to tall, I used a block, and levered the stand to get it out.

Congrats on the new stuff! I have a PM-833TV on the way to. What trucking company is delivering yours? Mine is currently about 40 minutes North of me and this morning it said "Scheduled for Delivery" even though they never called me. This afternoon is says "Tendered to Partner TMSC" whatever that means. Not sure if I should stick around home or not.

Congrats. I have the PM 1440TL and Mark helped me a ton with the VFD set up as well. My wiring diagram will be slightly different for wire colors and my VFD is larger; however, this video should help with understanding all the steps in getting it set up. And it sounds like you already have the correct wiring diagrams for your lathe. Mark has seen the video as well and had good feedback on it. If you already have it solid in your mind may not need to watch. If you have any questions remaining this may have the answers.

I have both of those. You'll spend half the day taking the crate apart, unboxing the accessories and start cleaning off the cosmoline.

You'll enjoy them!
Got the machines uncrated. Sooo... much... cosmoline! How are you enjoying the machines? Any limitations you're running into? Issues? What is your solution for the drawbar on the mill?

Congrats on the new stuff! I have a PM-833TV on the way to. What trucking company is delivering yours? Mine is currently about 40 minutes North of me and this morning it said "Scheduled for Delivery" even though they never called me. This afternoon is says "Tendered to Partner TMSC" whatever that means. Not sure if I should stick around home or not.
Saia was the trucking company... did yours show up?

Back