PM 833TV dimensions

MLab

Registered
Registered
My PM 833TV is almost ready to ship from PM and I'm starting to organize my set up. The location of the mill will not permit tool storage next to the machine so I intend to mount it on a reinforced tool box. Can someone with an 833 give me some measurements? I'm looking for the following...

- Outer dimensions of the base of the machine (not the chip tray)
- Set-back of the mounting holes from outside of the base.
- Recommended clearance between the back of the machine and a wall behind it?
- Recommended stand height for someone that's 5'-11" tall.
- Measurement between the machine base height and bottom of an X axis power feed.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

There are many threads on here with what you are looking for. Search 833T or 833TV on this forum.

If you scroll down to Manuals and Documents located here, there is a pdf for hole spacing.

I think I've read every PM thread relating to the 833T & TV. I've seen several suggestions as to recommended working height but they're all over the map and often don't reference stand height needed to achieve their result. It would be good to hear from someone(s) who's used their machines say (for example)...my stand is X high, I'm Y tall and it's perfect....or, if I had to do it over, I'd make mine (?") taller/shorter.

I vaguely recall an answer to the question about clearance from back of the machine to a wall (none required if memory serves) but I can't recall which thread and it didn't turn up in a search. Also, I didn't find anything about distance from machine base to bottom of x-axis power feed. I'm trying to determine the maximum height of a smaller tool cabinet placed to the left of the mill and partially under the X/Y table, allowing for cabling and function of the PF.

The document 7milesup pointed me to answered my questions about base dimensions and mounting hole pattern...thanks!

7milesup, I just found a thread under a modified search where you say "My stand is about 36.5" from floor to chip tray. From floor to top of table is 46.75" I am 6ft tall. It is about right. I would not go any taller personally." That's what I was looking for wrt stand height. Thanks again.

I am glad you have found some information that you needed. I would have looked up my info but I had zero time today. If you have more questions let me know and I will see if I have the data.

I was in the same situation and build my own stand for the mill so I fully understand you hunting for measurements. The measurements of the machine footprint on the PM website was accurate. My stand is 33.5" to the base of the mill but I am 5'9. So 36.5" should be okay.

One thing that tripped me up was the minimum wall clearance. If you want to install the the z-power feed you will need at least 3.25 inch from the bottom of the base to the wall plus some clearance (I have 3.5" in the picture). The x power feed is about 5 5/8" over the bottom of the mill base (this is to the black gear cover, there is a bit more space to the bottom of the motor).

Attachments

• IMG_0908.JPG
    IMG_0908.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0909.JPG
    IMG_0909.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0910.JPG
    IMG_0910.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 143
J-becker, these were the last 2 data points I needed. I'll be installing a Z-axis power feed so I'll allow 30" from the wall to front of the machine base. I'm planning a 35.5" stand height, so any tool cab up to 41" tall should clear the X-axis PF and table. Just to confirm, does the X-axix control lever rotate to a position below the gear cover?

Thank you for the photos and your time!

30" is what I have to the front of my chip tray, so the machine base is set back about 1" from the front. The Y-axis controls are sticking out beyond the base.

The lever is only rotating about 30 degrees either side so that is not a concern in this position. However, the lever is sticking up above the table plane. If you would mount the lever to the bottom (don't know how easy that is) it would protrude about another inch below the lack gear cover. I have 39" clearance to the gear cover at the moment so if you build your base three inches higher you should be fine with the lever sticking up (that the way it comes out of the box). I would hesitate to move it downwards since it would prevent you from switching it into neutral with the lever if you run into an obstruction.

I was in the same situation and build my own stand for the mill so I fully understand you hunting for measurements. The measurements of the machine footprint on the PM website was accurate. My stand is 33.5" to the base of the mill but I am 5'9. So 36.5" should be okay.

One thing that tripped me up was the minimum wall clearance. If you want to install the the z-power feed you will need at least 3.25 inch from the bottom of the base to the wall plus some clearance (I have 3.5" in the picture). The x power feed is about 5 5/8" over the bottom of the mill base (this is to the black gear cover, there is a bit more space to the bottom of the motor).

Nice stand. I need to make something similar. The one it comes with leaves a lot to be desired.

Back