PM1236 Work light connections

hotrats

andy harwood
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Not really got much time on my lathe the last 3-4 years. The work light was unhooked for a DRO install, then left because of moving. Fast forward a year, and.... I forgot where the wires connect. Any guidance? I've tripped a breaker, and figured might be the time to ask for help... The red wires at bottom left are the light wires. Thanks in advance
1236 box.jpg

Better shot of the terminal block. I didn't see any voltage on the light, and have not tried the 24 volt side of things.
1236 terminal strip.jpg

Having worked on my work lamps recently I was going to point to where it connects on the terminal block but the control panel on my PM1236 looks completely different from yours.

Basically it's the 24V circuit coming off the transformer, terminals 30-31 on yours, then goes to that 2A breaker (C2), then into a contactor. Hopefully someone else that has the same control panel as you will chime in, otherwise you'll have to trace the wires.

Thanks for the suggestions!!
"Basically it's the 24V circuit" & "Pretty good pic to go off of from page 5." Thanks!
I may have killed the LED - gave the above guidance a go, and no light. Oh well.
Will look into it again.
As I've not had any time to enjoy making scrap metal in quite a while - had to fire it up and start destroying some metals...
I did actually cut some external and internal threads today - quite the feat for me! lol.... Metric & NPT. And they work - yay!

Sucks to hear about the LED. I'm sure QMT/PM could supply you with a replacement.

When you have time & if it's not too much trouble, could you post a pic of what the LED looks like? If not all good, I'm just curious about what type of LED is being used now. My PM1236 originally came with a halogen & I finally converted my lamps to LED last year.

Back