Pm25mv Head Removal....

I got it off!!

And it wasn't a second set screw...

Some sort of case hardened pin.

I ended up using a left hand drill and when I backed out the drill to have a look. (Cause it wasn't backing out. )

This is what was on the tip of my bit

20151023_175055_zps3kglnkov.jpg

See if I understand the pin was behind the set screw. If that is the case, that sounds like the set screw should have been longer and that was mickey mouse work around. If it were me I would, check the size of the pin and if it has the same OD as the allen.

I’d opt for an allen that matched the added length of the two pieces.
Second choice if pin OD is smaller than the allen; machine the end of the allen to the length and dia of the pin.
My 2 cents

Well the PM25mv should be arriving late next week or the following week and today decided to ordered a PM11/27VF-LB. :)

Enjoying this mill thread ,thanks.

A thank you and bouquet to Matt and Nicole at PM who answered all my many questions with kindness and in a professional manner.:eagerness:

Last edited:
You will enjoy the 1127 VF-LB. I have had mine for almost a year now. It has been a great machine to learn on. No major mods to mine other than converting my tool post swivel lock down to a 4-bolt set up instead of a 2 bolt. This added a good amount of rigidity which was immediately noticed in parting off pieces. I also believe overall finish cuts improved slightly as well. But, most of my steel work is limited to plain old cold or hot rolled and those don't necessarily machine pretty.

Back