Pm30 Going CNC

Proline2

Registered
Registered
Hello!
First post! I have a PM30 on order that should be shipped out shortly. They said they had 8 pm30’s not spoken for sitting on a rail car awaiting delivery.
Im collecting parts for the enclosure so I can get a bit ahead when the mill does arrive.
I’m looking at controllers “breakout boards” and it seems kinda confusing! Smooth Steppers come up as being good but looking at them on “Ebay” they range in price from under $20 to about $200 and the pictures look the same? I’ve also looked at “Pokeys57cnc”? I have my steppers “Closed Loop” and drivers and power supply’s ordered. If anybody could help with what other parts are needed to complete the enclosure would be much appreciated. PS:My plan is to run Mach3

See what these guys use, and choose your parts.

Unless I’m missing something, and that’s most possible, I’m not seeing a list of parts used on their machines? They do show a Smooth Stepper

I just saw it and linked, I didn't check it out. I was hoping that it would have had useful information.

Ethernet smooth stepper is about the best you can do for Mach 3 IMO. However, also IMO, there are better controllers out there, like Acorn, or Masso. More expensive to be sure, but also better support and good documentation for setting up your system.

PZ

I would not do Mach 3 for a new system. Recommend Acorn or Mach 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back