Pm30 mill motor replacement

The machine is pretty tired, so it would need a tune up. Play in the spindle, and the speed controller is dead. You can have it, but would need to be picked up in the next week.
PM quoted me $830 for a brushless motor, belt drive conversion, speed controller and control box, crating & shipping. They just can’t confirm when they would ship it.

I’m going to order a Weiss on Monday and figure it will take about 2weeks to get here.

Mind if I ask, where did you find your Weiss machine?
I can’t come down to pick it up until the bubble resolves in my left Eye. I have to within +- 250 ft of 6000 where the surgery was done in Colorado Springs. Which will be about another 2 weeks. Sorry. I got the 1.1 kw motor direct from Weiss machine Produces LTD. it came from China in about a week and a half to my door. It didn’t cost much, and it didn’t last long. I used a KB Electronics dc motor drive. I think I still have the drive around here some place. It was still good when I removed it and installed a 2hp lesson metric 3ph motor on the G0704 CNC I have now. Weiss makes the Grizzly G0704, as described a lot of other mills in the bench top line. That PM 730 and I think the 25 is both made by Weiss. The Weiss 25 is the 1 step up from the G0704, and the Weiss 30 size mill one step up from the 25s.
Google is my little friend on these kind of research.
CH

Damize: Toolots.

COmachinist: The old pm30 uses a gear drive and the motor has a 14mm shaft, is that what the Weiss motor has?
I decided to go with the Weiss vl25. I like it better than the Grizzly. It looks like the pm30, so the table & head mtors should bolt right up. The table is shorter, but that‘s fine.

COmachinist: The old pm30 uses a gear drive and the motor has a 14mm shaft, is that what the Weiss motor has?
I decided to go with the Weiss vl25. I like it better than the Grizzly. It looks like the pm30, so the table & head mtors should bolt right up. The table is shorter, but that‘s fine.
Thank you. I have a PM25, but was looking at a small Weiss lathe from Toolots and they never responded. DRO pros doesn't stock them right now so I ended up buying a 1970's South Bend last week

I don’t remember exactly the size of the shaft, like I said it has been a while since I used that motor. It didn’t last very long. I think it lasted about 2 years of very lite use. Then I put the 1.5hp Lesson metric on, Hitachi VFD and never looked back. I have plenty of power and speed.
CH

Back