PM30 or PM-932?

I have a 5 inch vise on my pm30, and it is definitely tight to the way bellows at times. I ended up using the swivel base for the vise and installing it with one side in the middle t slot and the other in the front t slot. This seemed to provide a happy medium for me between back overhang and front capacity. And, it lined up with the zero mark on the swivel base at a repeatable location, so I'm pretty happy with it.

That's the exact same vise I was looking at. Thanks for the picture, really appreciate it!

PM-30MV to be delivered tomorrow! Can't wait. Don't have the power ready to go (that little thing called life got in the way), but at least the mill will be here. Borrowing a pallet jack to take it from the driveway down a grass slope (plan is to put plywood down) and then to the back patio. Will cut the pallet down to fit in the door and then get it inside.

Ok, it didn't come. It was delivered to the wrong address. All that after I took 1/2 day off from work. PM was very apologetic. Now re-scheduled for next Monday.

I have heard that before, on a machine deliver. Some freight company don’t want to take the time to deliver a single pallet to residence. I got the same story on a mill I had shipped, it was delivered to the wrong address and would be delivered the following week to me, so I just went to the freight terminal and found my mill just sitting in the warehouse. I had them load it on my trailer, gave them piece of my mind and filed a small claims court claim for the cost of fuel and time for to do their job after paying for delivery. They didn’t show for the case, and I got my 250.00 shipping fee back. come to find out it had been there almost a week before they made an appointment to deliver. They just didn’t want to drive the 45 miles to deliver one pallet.
CH

Mill finally delivered last Monday. Had to get it from the driveway to the back patio down a hill over grass. Borrowed a pallet jack from work and with help from my Marine son and my wife we played leapfrog with plywood and made it the concrete patio. Plan had been to get the small pallet that the mill was on off of the larger pallet and then pallet jack the small pallet through the door. Unfortunately, the pallet jack didn't fit in the pallet the direction it needed to go. My son and I use a Shoulder Dolly to lift up the pallet and get through the door. Used pallet jack into the pallet from the other direction to get the crate to the shop door and then we used the Shoulder Dolly again to get it into the shop. See picture.

Attachments

• 20210506_095238.jpg
    20210506_095238.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 131
Picture of PM-30 mounted up on 4x 4's. Put 3/16" steel plate between the mill and the 4x4's. There are 2 4x4's running front to back under the sides.
Question 1: I measured backlash using the dials versus the DRO. X-axis out of the crate was 0.006". Will probably leave that the way it is for now. Y-axis is 0.063"!!! I seem unable to adjust the screws on the Y-axis nut - they are very close to the lead screw and everything I try doesn't seem to fit. Any ideas on what tool I need to get in there?
Question 2: When mounting the X-axis drive (no problems with the drive unit itself), I was following the directions for the over-travel stops. The t-nuts provided with the stops don't actually fit the t-slot on the front of the table. What have other folks done?
Resized_20210529_141512_5982.jpeg

For the X power feed end stops - just use the screws that are currently in the table for the round stops.

Back