PM727v Height?

???? They don't look cut in half to me.

Thank you ryan79.... That's exactly what I was looking for. I have a little bit more head room than you so I'll probably raise mine up a bit to get the table as high as possible. FYI, very happy with PM customer service so far. I emailed them, back and forth a few times. Very quick replies and very helpful. Makes sending them my holiday bonus that much easier. Here is what I got from them....

"OK I see, just had them check one, the 27-5/8 for the stand is right

About 74" total height with the head up at the top of the ways when on the stand. (can probably get a little more height out of it if you over travel the ways but not much)"

Order is in for the mill and I'll start fabrication on the table this week. I'll post pics....

Thanks again....

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

Ryan79.... Next time you're in your shop, can you measure the distance between mounting bolts on the base? Doesn't have to be precise, I don't plan on pre-drilling the stand, just plan on adding some support under it.....

Thanks

that 74" is with the head over travel on the ways all ready. I would say by about 1.5 to 2 inches . 74" is the very top. with the cover on that is. take off motor cover and you gain a couple inches. im doing a back splash and chip trys to it next, then a z axis power lift. already got a pretty sweet set of supplies for the power lift. I will put up picks when that happins.

sorry I mean 47 is the very top from base of machine to top of head over run and all.

I have a 727M not the variable, the manual says its 70" tall with the factory stand. The stand is the same on both models I would guess, mine is 27 9/16" high, the chip pan doesn't add much.

Mine arrived yesterday. I need to set it on the stand, hopefully soon. :bull:

Last edited:
The 70" is accurate on the PM727M at a tight working height, with a vise on you could need 75" or more on the factory stand sitting directly on a floor.

Last edited:
Alright.... So the mill is on order and with the info you guys shared I have started on a bench. I had a piece of 3\16 plate that was 24" x 48", so I went with that. Went to the steel yard and picked up 2" angle and started going to town....
0112181410.jpg

Here is the basic frame. Height is 34"....
0114180944.jpg

Not sure why the pics are being rotated after upoading. Sorry about that. Added some wheels and leveling feet from mcmasters....
IMG_20180115_161626_423.jpg

Back