PM935 full system WJ200 VFD build

Mark:
For the 935 were you planning on using the upper arm or the side arm?

Roger L

Back gear selector, actual position and mounting would be based on the swing and location when in back gear. The sensors I use are shielded and have a 2 mm range, there are various types. They operate a relay which flips the VFD FOR/REV inputs, and a different relay then flips those inputs for auto-reverse when tapping. I also use an auto-start on mine for repetitive tapping.
935 back gear sensor.jpg

Mark:
Thanks for all of the information. I currently have a toggle switch mounted to the side of the J head by back gear selector. When I move the selector I need to remember to flip the switch. I will look at the machine and see what will be necessary to mount the prox switch on my 935.

Thanks Again
Roger L

You can use a simple mechanical roller limit switch or similar and it can then effect the direction change you want. I use the proximity sensors because I use relay controls, but my stock VFD mill head used a mechanical switch for the tachometer scaling change. Somewhat primitive that they did not add a dual pole switch pr a dual pole relay so the VFD direction would also flip.

Cool! ......Thanks!
I have a couple of these laying around in my parts bin. Will use it with a DPDT relay to switch the VFD FWD/REV when back gear is engaged.
Prox.jpg

Back